How it works:
The external antenna receives the GSM , 3G and 4G signal from all operators in the area.
The signal is sent inside the building via a 12Mt cable to the StellaBoost where it is amplified and transmitted around the room by the indoor antenna.
800, 900, 1800 and 2100Mhz gets amplified with this booster.
This ensures you are covered for all voice and data.
Perfect for small offices, apartments, basements and other small areas where there is no signal.
The StellaBoost L4 has a new touch LCD screen. This allows you to control the bands more precisely.
You can swith on /off any particular band, turning your booster into a pure 4G booster or parhaps only a voice booster.
You can also attenuate and balance the bands as you see fit.
The StellaBoost L4 boosts 4 bands.
- B20 (800Mhz) is great for rural locations and fast 4G speeds
- B8 (900Mhz) : This option is great for voice calls in rural locations.
- B1 (2100Mhz) : This option is great for slow but stable 3G data speeds and good quality calls, in urban locations
- B3 (1800Mhz): This band is great for 4G data speeds in Urban locations.
The outdoor panel antenna is installed outside your building where you have at least 3 steady bars of steady mobile signal. (5-6 even better)
The kit is very easy to install and requires no further attention once you plug it in. It seamlessly amplifies the mobile signal from outside where there is good signal, and sends it around your house.
The L4 has a touch screen.
A: Main screen. Here you can view the signal strength per band displayed with green signal bars. There is a status window below that tells you whats going on.
The blue icon is the uplink. It lights up when there is a call or data session using this band.
The coloured boxes to the right tell you the state of the band:
- ADJ: The band is adjusting and optimizing its power.
- HI: This tells you there is alot of signal power coming down from the antenna. No action required.
- OSC: This tells you there is an oscillation between the outdoor and indoor antenna. You must ensure there is at least one solid block wall separating the antennas.
- OFF: This means the band has switched off.
B: Decibel screen: Here you can see detailed values of all the parameters in Decibels.
C: Here you can see which bands are used the most and you can also switch on or off any band.
D: Here you can attenuate individual bands up to 18dB’s.
The coverage of the StellaBoost is 400m2 in open space. In practice, this equates to about 1-2 large sized rooms in a typical house.
Two things effect the coverage inside your house:
- The building materials of your house, ie plaster walls or concrete block walls.
- The signal strength outside your house. 5-6 signal bars will give you greater indoor coverage compared to 1-3 signal bars.