L-com / Hyperlink Tech BT-CAT5-P1R4840
The HyperLink BT-CAT5-P1-4848 Single-Port CAT-5 Injector/Tap kit (also known as PoE Passive Splitter) is a commercial grade Power-over-Ethernet device that provides DC power for one PoE-equipped device. It is compatible with AP’s and other equipment supporting the IEEE standard PoE pinout (Pins 4&5 Power / Pins 7&8 Power -).
Power-over-Ethernet eliminates the need for an AC outlet at each AP location. Only a single Ethernet cable is run to each AP instead of separate power and data cables. The injector is typically installed near the Ethernet hub.This unit can be used as either an "Injector" or as a "Tap". When used as an injector the device sends DC power through the Ethernet cable to a remote PoE device. When used as a "Tap" this unit taps the injected DC power from the Ethernet cable for use by certain non-PoE devices. The integral lightning and surge protection individually protects the 4 data lines as well as protection for the power lines. High speed devices clamp any voltage, positive or negative on the wires. The limits are /- 15 volts on pins, 1, 2, 3, 6 and /- 58 volts on pins, 4, 5, 7 and 8. The BT-CAT5-P1-4848 features shielded RJ45 jacks. This along with the BT-CAT5-P1's metal housing helps reduce the effects of EMI interference. A ground lug and terminal is provided directly on the injector housing providing superior grounding. The cast aluminum housing includes integral mounting feet for ease of installation.This kit includes the injector/tap and a 48VDC @ 48W power supply (PS4848-25R).
Applications for the BT-CAT5-P1 Injector Kit with 48DC " 48 Watt Power Supply product
- Wireless LAN Acces Points and Bridges.
- Wireless LAN WiFi Amplifiers and Amplified Antennas.
- IP Surveillance Cameras
- Bluetooth Access Points
- Operating Temp - Injector: -40ºC to +70ºC
- Operating Temp - Power Supply: 0ºC to +50ºC
- Max Current: 1A
- Power Connector: Standard 2.5mm Coaxial DC Power Jack (2.5mm x 5.5mm x 10mm Center Positive Plug Required)
- Ethernet Connectors: (2) RJ45 Jack
- Data Lines: Pair 1: Pins 1 and 2
- Pair 2: Pins 7 and 8
- CAT-5 Power Pinouts: +VDC: Pins 4 & 5
- -VDC: Pins 7 & 8
- Weight: 0.28 lbs (0.13 Kg)
- Dimensions: 3.6 x 1.4 x 1.2 (inches)
- 91.4 x 35.5 x 38.1 (mm)
- Enclosure: Cast Aluminum Alloy
- RoHS Compliant: Yes (Injector only)