Today´s wireless market, more specifically the outdoor wireless market, continues to demand higher transmit power, greater dependability and advanced feature sets, all while keeping the client-side cost down. The WLAN-LCCPE28-1 was developed for the unlicensed 2.4GHz ISM band. The WLAN-LCCPE28-1 is an all-in-one cost-effective, weatherproof wireless device featuring high output power as well as all the essential features for both operating as an Access Point or a CPE client. This dual approach offers greater flexibility and reduced inventory stock as this unit can perform all that is required for establishing reliable wireless networks. The WLAN-LCCPE28-1 is unique in that it includes an 8 dBi directional antenna for any point-to-point connection and when more power or coverage is required you can bypass the integrated antenna and connect a higher gain antenna to its N-male type RF connector.
The WLAN-LCCPE28-1 is weatherproof and will meet a minium of an IP55 rating to ensure that the high performance electronics remain protected from dust and water and the providing years of trouble-free service. Without sacrificing water tightness, it provides easy access to the Poe connection as well as a hardware reset button without the need for special tools or equipment. The LED status bar on the side of the unit aids in configuration, for added convenience.
Security has always been a concern for wireless networks. Knowing this, the WLAN-LCCPE28-1 was developed with all the latest enhancements in wireless security but also with backwards compatibility to fit into pre-existing networks. The WLAN-LCCPE28-1 features WPA, WPA2,WPA-PSK, 802.1x as well as other security features to best meet your specific needs. Not only does the CPE support impressive throughput but you can rest assured that your high speed data is secure as well.
The WLAN-LCCPE28-1 product line was developed with scalability in mind since there is no such thing as a "one size fits all" product when it comes to outdoor wireless networking. In order to keep the client costs down the WLAN-LCCPE28-1 has a embeded antenna but also provides convenience and flexibility of an external antenna connector, should the circumstances require a higher gain or more specific antenna type than the one provided. WLAN-LCCPE28-1 has been developed around the 802.11n standard so that you can achieve maxium throughput without losing interoperability with other IEEE 802.11n products.
Avalaible Operating Modes
- Access Point (AP) Mode: Allows Wireless equipment such as a Smart Phones or Laptops to be connected a wired network. In this mode the CPE unit is typically is connected to a router on a wired network, Network/internet connectivity to wired devices connected to the CPE unit. The CPE unit provides security features that allow only select wireless devices to connect to it.
- Wireless Client Mode: In this mode the CPE unit connects to another active AP as if it was a wireless device like a Laptop. Once connected it can than provide network/internet connectivity to wired devices via its Ethernet port. This mode is ideal if you need to provide connectivity to devices without wireless functionality.
- Bridge Mode: Wireless bridges are typically used to connect two or more network segments that are physically separated. Bridging mode is achieved by using Wireless Distribution System (WDS) settings in the CPE unit. This allows only the selected CPEs to communicate with each other and denies access to other wireless devices trying to access them. Bridges can be used in Point-to-Point o Point-to-Multi-Point applications. An example of a Point -to-Multipoint application connecting is connecting multiple building on a college campus.
- Repeater Mode: This Mode is used to extend the range of an existing AP. This mode is also ideal when an obstruction is preventing wireless connectivity within a select area. Repeaters are commonly used when providing wireless connectivity to multi-story buildings and large homes.
- Chipset Solution:
- Atheros AR9285
- CPU: AR7240 (400MHz)
- Antenna - Default configuration
- 8 dBi integrated directional antenna (Vertical Pol.)
- External RF connector: N type male connector - switchable by software
- Antenna Configuration: 1*1 ( 1 TX, 1 RX)
- OFDM: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM
- DSSS: DBPSK, DQPSK, CCK
- Avalaible Data Rates (Mbps)
- IEEE 802.11b: 11, 5.5, 2, 1
- IEEE 802.11g: 54, 48, 36, 24, 18, 12, 9, 6
- IEEE 802.11n: (draft) 135, 130, 121.5, 117, 108 ,104, 81, 81, 78, 65, 58.5, 54, 53, 40.5, 39, 27, 26, 19.5, 13.5, 13, 6.5, 6
- RF Frequency:
- 2.412 GHz - 2.472 GHz (Channels 3-11)
- 2.422GHz - 2.452 GHz (Channels 3-9)
- 2.422GHz - 2.462GHz (Channels 3-11)
- Receiver Sensitivy:
- 802.11b: 1Mbps 93dBm
- 802.11g: 54Mbps -73dBm
- 802.11n: HT20/MSC0
- HT40/MSCO: 84dBm
- Dimensions: 165mm x 60mm x 34mm
- Weight: 400gr
- Enclosure: IP55 Plastic
- Reset Button: Reset to factory default
- Power Requirements: 12VDC @ 1A (switching)
- PoE: Passive 12V PoE
- Power Consumption: 900mA @ 12 VDC
- LED Definition:
- LAN: Off = no Ethernet, On= Disable, ON= Wlan enabled, Blinking = WLAN activity
- WLAN (Client Mode) All Off=WLAN disable , Green blinking = Good Connection Yellow blinking= Acceptable quality, Red blinking = poor connection quality
- Operating Temperature: -20ºC a 70ºC
- Storage Temperature: -30ºC a 80ºC
- Operating Humedity (non-condensing) 10 a 95 % RH
- Green: RoHs Compliant