- Complies with IEEE 802.3af and IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE) standards.
- Adds PoE capability to a non-PoE Ethernet switch or router.
- Gigabit LAN ports provide high-speed connectivity.
- Supports PoE PSE (Power Sourcing Equipment) devices up to 30W.
- PoE short circuit protection to safeguard network devices.
- Delivers power and data to PoE devices up to 100 meters (328 feet) over a single Ethernet cable.
- Reduces installation and equipment costs.
- Easy plug-and-play desktop or wall-mounted installation.
The Edimax GP-101IT is a Power over Ethernet injector that not only delivers a cost-effective solution for power distribution, but also provides a seamless way of deployment on the existing LAN infrastructure. With the use of power injectors, DC power of up to 30W and the data that comes from a non-PoE switch or router are merged together and then transmitted to the IEEE 802.3at/af compliant products such as PoE dome cameras through the Ethernet cabling. Hence, preserving your investment in hardware upgrade without the need for buying extra PoE switches.
IEEE 802.3at/af Power over Ethernet Standard
Because of adding the capability of IEEE 802.3at/af Power over Ethernet to a non-PoE Ethernet switch or router, the GP-101IT can directly be connected to any IEEE 802.3at/af end-nodes such as PTZ (Pan, Tilt, Zoom) network cameras, PTZ speed dome, color touch-screen Voice over IP (VoIP) telephones and multi-channel wireless LAN access points where the IEEE 802.3at/af in-line Power over Ethernet port is supported.
Higher Cost Efficiency and Easy Installation
The Power over Ethernet technology enables the Ethernet wire to carry both data and power. Thus, the GP-101IT reduces the need for cable installation and eliminates the need for extension cords or electrical outlets on the wall, ceiling or any unreachable place. In all, it lowers the installation costs and simplifies the deployment effort.
Flexible & Reliable Power Supply
Featuring PoE short circuit protection to safeguard network devices and protect against damage.